Saturday 28 February 2015

Band Of Gypsies





Dress-Band Of Gypsies at Topshop
Boots- New Look
Jacket-H&M
Bag-Kate Spade

As Spring is coming up I thought I'd get some more weather appropriate pieces to start the transition. Of course the piece was black. I am a creature of habit, so when stepping out of my comfort zone with an item I always go for a black option.

 This beautiful dress is from the brand Band Of Gypsies which sells 70's themed vintage pieces, perfect for this years SS15 trends. The brand is heavily influenced by global travel and vintage fashion throughout their collections which is best described as "modern take on romantic bohemia". I really surprised myself with this dress as its really not something I would usually go for. But after seeing the velvet detailed flute sleeved I caved. It is surprisingly the most comfortable dress ever, and also comes with a slip underneath that a normal human can actually put on (yes, they have answered our prayers, or at least mine anyway). This is great as I struggle to find slips of a good length to suit different dresses.  I think this dress is absolutely  perfect for my summer trip to New York in July as the lightweight fabric is not stuffy at all. After buying this and wearing it, even in the rain, I've decided to really commit to the 70's trend throughout my SS wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment