Friday 22 August 2014

The Natural Make Up Look

Recently I have been gravitating towards a quick and more natural look using the least amount of products I could so here we go.
Clinique stay matte foundation This foundation has to be high up in my all time favourite foundations as its light on the skin but gives just the right amount of coverage. don't be fooled by the name as it keeps an oil free appearance whilst not giving the common lifeless hint that matte foundations tend to give as it creates a dewy complexion in all the right places. the stay matte foundation is definitely an unlikely hero but definitely deserves more recognition.
The Real Techniques Buffing Brush applies foundation effortlessly and buffs the liquid into the skin creating a natural look.
The Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer   Has quickly made its way up my holy grail products list as its from the drugstore making it affordable but also has 3 sections to it. The compact comes with a creamy textured salmon pink colour to correct dark circles under the eyes. This works like magic and applies so smoothly and doesn't cake (yea you heard me correctly). It also comes with a more yellow toned concealer to hide redness and cover blemishes which it also does perfectly. The last section is the setting powder helping to finish the perfect 24hr dark circle and blemish free look.
The YSL Cream Blush Has been with me a long time now and has definitely served its purpose. I've been trying to stay away from powdered products to avoid the cake face look which obviously no one wants. The application process is quick and easy and is perfect for a natural flushed look.
The Maybelline The Falsies Flared Is my favourite variation of the well loved Falsies mascara and is most likely my all time favourite drugstore mascara because it adds the perfect amount of volume whilst not being clumpy (which to me is a hard thing to find. I chose this mascara as it looks great just applied on its own. I find some mascaras only look good with eyeliner too but this one looks amazing with or without.
The YSL Rouge Volupte in Shade 13 was picked up during a mad dash around Heathrow terminal 5's duty free and I don't regret it. Its the perfect peachy pinky nude to add a bit of natural colour to the lips. Its so creamy and conditioning and just feels so moisturising on the lips and if that wasn't enough it tastes like watermelons. enough said.

Thank you for reading this post and feel free to leave a comment below of you liked it or have any ideas of what you would like to see from me!

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment